Our 200 Hours Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Program (Yangon) (TTS) is an internationally recognised yoga instructor course in Yangon, Myanmar and it will include a free 2 day workshop on yoga therapy. The program is affiliated to the esteemed Yoga Alliance of USA and upon completion; graduates will be able to register themselves as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT200) with Yoga Alliance of USA. With our course, you will be able to gain a firm grasp on yoga through comprehensive, theoretical and practical hands-on training experience. At the end, you will be proficient in a large number of yoga practices like:
Practical and teaching methodology of Kriya (cleansing) and Pranayama (breathing)
- Kriya types include Kapalabjati, Bastrika
- Pranayama techniques include Ujjayi Breathing and Nadi Shodhana – Viloma, Anuloma, Pratiloma, Bastrika
Practical and teaching methodology of Asana (Postures from Ashtanga Primary Series)
- Suryanamaskar A and B (Sun salutation)
- Standing Postures
- Sitting Postures (Forward Bends and Twisting)
- Inversion Postures
- Back bends
- Arm Balancing Postures
- Practical Meditation
Preperation for meditation practice
- Common meditative techniques and chanting
- Methods of attaining a meditative state – a path to self-discovery
Ethics and responsibilities of a yoga teacher
- The teaching of yoga in a manner that students are able to apply to their daily lives
- Ways of sequencing classes for different levels
- History and overview of yoga
- Introduction to the eight limbs of Ashtanga yoga
- Yoga sutra of Patanjali
Human anatomy and physiology
- Skeletal, Digestive, Muscular, Lymphatic, Endocrine, Nervous, Cardiovascular, Male and Female Reproductive and Urinary System
- Application of yoga to ease common ailments
- Beyond recovery – How to apply yoga to many parts of your everyday life
In addition to the curriculum, OhmSantih Yoga will include a complementary 2 day workshop on Yoga Therapy. So be prepared to delve into the field of Yoga Therapy – means of using Yoga and Ayurveda for treatments. Being trained in the field of Yoga Therapy and having worked alongside with medical doctors in hospitals, Teacher War War will give an insight on how as a teacher, one can customize a yoga sequence to address the symptoms of common ailments and diseases and therefore, optimizing the health of many.
During this 2 days’ workshop, one would learn the fundamental principles of Yoga Therapy – Yoga and Ayurveda. This workshop integrates the important tools of Yoga – Asana, Pranayama, Kriya, Bandha and Meditation into a holistic composite and participants will learn to use these tools to plan and customise classes for various health ailments. Participants will also be taught the technique to how to conduct postural assessment. In addition, participants will be introduced to the concept of Ayurveda and the various tools of treatment. Actual case studies will be discussed to further deepen these concepts.
With this powerful framework in place, participants will graduate from this course as a highly competent and versatile Yoga teacher with the ability to precisely guide the students to achieve the immense benefits of yoga – uniting the body, mind and breath!
Important note: Although there are no pre-requisites for the participation in this program, it is recommended that you have a passion for yoga and teaching as well as an eager and positive mind-set. It is preferable that you display a high level of commitment, an eagerness to take on challenges as well as a willingness to step out of your comfort zone in order to create a positive difference in your life and the lives of your students.