OhmSantih Yoga’s PreNatal/ PostNatal Yoga Teacher Training Singapore is a course designed for people who are already certified yoga teachers, and therefore possesses knowledge in yoga poses and yoga philosophy. There will not be extra time spent on teaching basic poses. It is assumed that students will already possess this knowledge. This course is affiliated to the Yoga Alliance of USA and students can register themselves as Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) upon graduation.
Assessment & Certification:
- Participants will be required to achieve 100% class attendance.
- Participants are also required to fulfill 6.0hour of internship with the senior teachers in the PreNatal and PostNatal Yoga classes over the course duration.
- Participants will be required to design a set of 4 classes and teach at least one pregnant woman or one woman who is minimum 8 weeks post-delivery. Following teaching the classes, each participant must write and submit a report on the teaching experience.
- Participants will be required to pass an examination at the end of the course.
Upon completion of the course to a satisfactory level, participants will be awarded a PreNatal/ PostNatal yoga teacher certification, which enable them to conduct PreNatal/ Postnatal Yoga classes safely and effectively.
This certification course aims:
- To provide the structure, tuition and support throughout the course to enable teachers to have the best learning experience possible
- To significantly grow the teachers’ knowledge and experience of pregnancy, labour, birth and how yoga can relate to each of these stages
- To instill the knowledge, approach and skills required to teach prenatal yoga safely, effectively and professionally
- To cultivate within the yoga teachers the confidence to teach from their own experience and knowledge
- To foster excellence in the teaching methods of the teachers using the most up-to-date practice methods whilst maintaining loyalty to ancient Ashtanga yoga philosophy
Part 1: PreNatal Yoga
- Prenatal Yoga – Modified Ashtanga Yoga poses
- Teaching Methodology of Prenatal Ashtanga Yoga
- Poses that students should avoid and their contraindications
- Pregnancy precautions and warning signs
- Acting responsibly with your pregnant students
- Poses for different levels of practitioners and different body types
- Class planning and sequencing
- Pose modifications for each of the 3 trimesters
- Yoga for common pregnancy discomforts
- Different target muscles and joints for different focus and holistic approach to lesson planning
- Understanding the pelvis and pelvic floor muscles as they relate to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Fetal position variations
- How to achieve and maintain optimal baby positioning
- Muscle release techniques
- Labor Anatomy, understanding labor and childbirth
Part 2: PostNatal Yoga
- Postnatal precautions
- Postnatal poses and sequential flow
- Identify and treat Diastasis-recti issue
- Yoga after cesarean birth or other medical interventions
Anatomy & Physiology:
- Re-build strength in pelvic and abdominal area
- Re-build the versatility of back support muscles and spine re-alignment
- Restoration of physical and mental strength