In Singapore, a yoga teacher training course is often the starting point of a teaching journey for most yoga enthusiasts. At OhmSantih Yoga, we believe the actual journey only begins when you complete the course, and the objective of our 200-Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Singapore is to provide you with a strong foundation and give you the best preparation for the upcoming journey. As such, we have created a comprehensive program that will advance your practice, build your confidence, and equip you with all the essential skills and knowledge needed to be a successful yoga instructor.
We are also a Registered Yoga School (RYS200, RYS300) with Yoga Alliance and this will allow you to register yourself as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) and teach internationally upon graduation.
The curriculum for our 200-Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Singapore includes:
In-depth study of Pranayama (yogic breathing techniques) and Asana (Yoga Poses) in the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series:
- Be familiarised with, practice and apply the different types of Pranayama.
- Thorough practice in the proper execution of Asana in the Primary Series, with correct alignments and gazing points.
- Learn the benefits and contraindications of each Pranayama and Asana.
Understand Human Anatomy and Physiology and how it relates to yoga:
- Human Skeletal System: Discover how the various types of joints work and their range of motion.
- Muscular System: Learn the various muscles group and their roles (prime mover, antagonist, synergist) in each pose.
Various Physiological Systems (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Lymphatic, Digestive, Urinary, Endocrine, Nervous): Relate their functions to the effects of yoga.
Observe bodies through Postural Analysis:
The Art of Adjustment:
- Learn different techniques of adjustments for each pose based on the body type of the student.
- Hands-on practice of adjustments in class to discover the most effective way for you to apply.
Emphasis on Teaching Methodology instead of memorising and reciting sequences:
- Learn how to give clear and concise instructions for students to get into the poses.
- Learn how to modify poses through preparatory poses to aid students in achieving difficult poses.
- Learn how to sequence a safe and effective yoga class for various levels.
- We will provide you with ample practice in teaching for you to develop your own teaching style.
Introduction to Yoga Therapy:
Discover the teachings of yoga philosophy with Yoga Sutra of Patanjali:
- Read about the eight limbs of yoga, including the moral codes of conduct (Yama, Niyama).
- Ethics and responsibilities of a yoga teacher.
Guided Yoga Meditation:
Internships with Senior Yoga Teachers:
Firstly, you will observe an actual class conducted by our Senior Yoga Teachers to understand how they structure and teach a class.
You will then structure and teach an actual class under the supervision of the Senior Yoga Teacher.
This will allow you to build up your confidence and gain valuable teaching experience before you graduate.
The Business of Yoga:
Upon completion of our programme, we are confident that you will become a competent yoga instructor ready to embark on the teaching journey like many others before you. However, having gone through the journey ourselves, we understand that the path is not without obstacles and challenges. Therefore, we will not leave you to brave it on your own after graduation. We have an active alumni group of past graduates with year-quarterly gatherings to support you along the way. During these gatherings, you can share experiences, receive advice on the challenges you are facing, or simply learn from one another.
At OhmSantih Yoga, we believe in building a community of like-minded people who are passionate about yoga to support one another in the quest of helping others reap the benefits of this ancient practice. As the saying goes, “If you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far, go as a team.” And we definitely want to explore our infinite possibilities together!